Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Q&A 5K: RUN IT!


Q: Don't you live on the coast? Why are you so pale?

A: First of all, that has nothing to do with my running achievement, but it is a good question to address because it is so IN YOUR FACE! The answer is that I never go outside.

Q: How is it possible to never go outside and train for a 5K, 10K, or half marathon? Is that what you are doing?

A: That is the plan and I run on a treadmill.

Q: Do you regret that type of training after actually running your first 5K outside?

A: Oh my goodness YES! I totally believe that my 5.5 miles on a treadmill pale in comparison to 3.11 miles outside. I am going to have to work on this. I am going to have to get in my car and map out some runs outside. The problem is that I am totally not interested in becoming a news story and I worry all the time that someone is going to abduct me. I also run at 5:00am during the week so any long runs I do outside will have to be in the daylight and on the weekends.

Q: Are you wearing make-up in that picture?

A: Rude, and yes. But very little and that is why I look a little to serious. I think next time I will wear more. Who knew you were photographed at every turn? Not me. Is that obvious? Yep. Is that vain? Maybe.

Q: What were you thinking in that picture?

A: Seriously? I have to have made it to mile three by now. Why is there not a three mile marker? This is SO much harder than running on a treadmill watching television in the air conditioning!

Q: Did you run the entire thing and what was your time?

A: I did run the entire thing. My time was 32 minutes and 18 seconds.

Q: Is that a bad time and do you care?

A: It is okay. Very middle of the road. Not good by any stretch of the imagination. I did not think I cared about my time until the end of the race when the HUGE clock was in my face. Then I cared REALLY bad. I am running another 5K in two weeks and plan to come in under 30.

Q: Did you make up all these questions and then answer the questions yourself?

A: Yes I did.

Q: Does that make you crazy?

A: Maybe.

No comments: